MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Growing Grid along face

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Dressler
Growing Grid along face
on Mar 1, 2019 at 3:44:04 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to grow a grid on top of a face kinda like a radial scan but I can't figure out how. I've got the 3D head and I drew the splines projected on the surface of the cheek (its just supposed to grow over the cheek). I tried to keyframe sweeps so the geometry would grow outwards along the splines on top of the surface but thats been a pretty tedious process so far...
I also tried to control those with just a growing gradient on alpha but it looks weird since it's just a perfect circle growing outwards. It doesn't look like the lines are growing naturally even with a turbulence in the gradient. I feel like it should be super simple but have been spending the last two days failing.
I'm using R20 with Octane

Anybody an idea? Thanks already!!

I attached my file and a ref image
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mIIPqOY_huF-VCOTA5E8hDxyC0lc-6tG?us...

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Growing Grid along face
on Mar 4, 2019 at 7:36:59 pm

Is it as simple as mapping a movie or image of a grid and projecting that onto the cheek and moving the texture over time? Or does the "scan" effect have to be dimensional and extend off the cheek surface?

Return to posts index

Lisa Dressler
Re: Growing Grid along face
on Mar 7, 2019 at 8:47:17 am

It has to be dimensional. I ended up using an alpha texture and overlayed it on the footage in after effects.

Thanks for you help though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]