MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Random Effector not working - and more

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Morton
Random Effector not working - and more
on Feb 25, 2019 at 4:06:17 pm

I have a cloner containing a capsule in 4x4x6 grid. I want this to fall to the floor. I've done this in another project without issue. For some reason I can't figure out, I can't make the Random effector do anything. It is right above the Cloner object. When I change a parameter in the Random effector, nothing moves in the cloner. The capsules stay in the same, vertical position. I want them to shift positions so when the capsules drop to the floor, they don't come down in one big grid. I'm stumped. As far as I can tell, I'm using the same settings I used in the previous project.
Another thing... all of a sudden the material I placed on the face of a cube, containing some label art, doesn't show up. It's just black. When I render, it's there, but in the working viewport, it's black. Another object in the same scene has a similar material and shows up fine. There are lights on these objects. ?? Stumped again.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Random Effector not working - and more
on Feb 25, 2019 at 5:28:54 pm

On the first issue, the random effector needs to be included in the Effectors list of the cloner. If the cloner is selected in the Objects list when you add the random effector it will automatically be placed in the cloner's Effectors list. If the cloner is not selected when you add the effector, the effector will be added to the Objects menu but not automatically linked to the cloner. In that case, which is most likely what happened with you, you need to drag it in there manually. In either case, the random effector will appear above the cloner in the Objects menu when it is added, but may or may not be in the cloner's Effectors list.

Concerning the material issue, do you have a display tag on that object? It would be helpful if you could post the project file.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Feb 25, 2019 at 5:31:54 pm

In case you're not familiar, here's the Effector list I was referring to.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
on Feb 25, 2019 at 6:02:45 pm

Thanks! That was it. I did not have the effector in the last. Previously, I must have had the Cloner selected but didn't even realize that was important. Fixed.

Shader is showing up now. ??? Oh well!

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 25, 2019 at 5:29:09 pm

is the random effector in the Effectors tab of the cloner? It gets put there automatically if the cloner is selected when you create the effector but if it is not selected it needs to be dragged in by hand. Re. the material can't tell without looking.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
on Feb 25, 2019 at 6:03:17 pm

That was it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]