MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Skin Tag crashes Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis van Gulik
Skin Tag crashes Cinema 4D
on Feb 22, 2019 at 4:55:54 pm

Hi all,

Everytime I select my rigged character Cinema crashes. Whenever I turn off the skin tag it works fine, but as soon as I turn the tag back on and select my mesh, Cinema dies on me.

Backstory
I am working on a project that involves characters and character rigging. Now I started on my macbook but my macbook became so slow to work on so I transferred it all to my Macpro (via iCloud). And I was working and working and everything went fine. But then all of a sudden (and it probably wasn't all of sudden) my Cinema started crashing, what I thought was random. But after a while I found out that it crashed everytime I selected my mesh. And that it didnt crash when I turned my skin tag off.

Now I did some troubleshooting and deleting everything and then rebinding gave me the exact same result, so I don't know that to do at this point, because I had a lot of work already in painting the weights.

I hope you geniuses can help me out.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Crash report
<a href="http://f1.creativecow.net/13141/13141">13141_cinemacrashreport.pdf.zip</a>

Project file
<a href="http://f1.creativecow.net/13142/13142">13142_jan0027.c4d.zip</a>

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Skin Tag crashes Cinema 4D
on Feb 22, 2019 at 9:00:27 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Feb 22, 2019 at 10:58:29 pm

quick test here on the old MacPro (early 2008 with a PC GTX 660 video card) at work and it's working fine as far as I can tell. Will try the PC at home later. What version of Mac Pro, what OS, what graphics card?

...and a test at home on the PC and it's working here too. Both those tests were done in R20 though

Return to posts index

Dennis van Gulik
Re: Skin Tag crashes Cinema 4D
on Feb 24, 2019 at 12:12:04 pm

Thank you so much for trying. But I found out it wasnt my skintag but it were the correctional PSD from the Pose Morph. I think something went wrong with flipping the axis, but deleting the whole thing solved my problem. I dont know why, but yeah. Thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]