MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Looping animation last to first frame differs in lighting...why?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Murphy
Looping animation last to first frame differs in lighting...why?
on Feb 20, 2019 at 5:52:54 pm

Hi all,

I have a camera scrolling on the Z axis across a floor, looking over some scattered objects created by a cloner. At 250 frames, it reaches the end of the cloner and I have an Instance object of that cloner positioned perfectly at that point where frame 250 would match frame 0 so I can get a looping animation.

The head scratcher is that I have two lights in the scene. One in the back and one in the front. I've tried both parallel and infinite lights but for some reason the highlights and light shown on the scattered objects is slightly brighter on frame 0 than they are in frame 250...noticeably so. I've tried turning off some attributes in the light, I've tried specifying no falloff, I've made sure the lights are outside of the scene and last well before or after the scene depending on where they point...still having a lighting difference.

Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Looping animation last to first frame differs in lighting...why?
on Feb 20, 2019 at 7:09:43 pm

Falloff is linear with 'None' -- A normal virtual light source will illuminate its surrounding environment with a continuous, linear brightness excepting for the Infinite light which should really have no falloff...

How about if you make the lights a child of the camera so they always stay at the same place relative to the camera?

Return to posts index

Brian Murphy
Re: Looping animation last to first frame differs in lighting...why?
on Feb 20, 2019 at 7:57:15 pm

Fantastic, thanks so much, Brian.

I put the lights under the camera rig object and sure enough, comparing the first and last rendered frames showed identical lighting.

Good call!

Cheers,
Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]