MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to rotate a torno w/o deforming it

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Tupi
How to rotate a torno w/o deforming it
on Feb 15, 2019 at 2:53:34 am

Guys, I think it's an easy one for you as experts. I am totally new at C4D and want to rotate a torno modeled using a spline. Initially, I modeled a spline expecting that my rotation axis was referenced in Y axis but after applying torno, I got a figure completely different, torned using X axis so I decided to model at first in X axis and then rotate it, however, I tried to rotate and only got a deformed torno. Please, tell me what I am doing wrong or how I should rotate the figure? Thanks in advance for any tip...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to rotate a torno w/o deforming it
on Feb 15, 2019 at 11:21:24 pm

Tornado? Can you post your scene file?

Return to posts index

Andres Tupi
on Feb 16, 2019 at 3:36:28 pm

Hey Brian, thanks for your reply.
This is what I wan to model...It's a simple figure modeled with spline.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 16, 2019 at 7:59:54 pm

Lathe, I should have tried torno in google translate... it looks like you are rotating the spline object inside the lathe(torno) rather than rotating the lathe object itself.

Return to posts index

Andres Tupi
on Feb 16, 2019 at 9:42:27 pm

Brian thanks for your time.
Dont get your point, sorry but my experience in C4d is really low. I selected the torno application (lathe) with spline as child and then rotate. I also selected spline and lathe, and then rotate, still same deformation. I think this is the question, how would you model this figure? Could list some steps to model the figure (red one) in the initial pic. Really appreciate your time.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 17, 2019 at 1:21:18 am

Without seeing what is happening it’s hard to tell. If you select the torno by itself it should move the spline with it and give you what you want. Do you have the axis tool activated? (It shouldn’t be). If all else fails you can just make it editable so it’s a poly object and not a torno anymore.

Return to posts index

Andres Tupi
on Feb 19, 2019 at 7:39:35 pm

thank u so much Sir! the problem was I had activated the axis icon. Finally have what I wanted. Have a good one!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]