MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Smoothing a hard curve

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ocean Sharma
Smoothing a hard curve
on Feb 12, 2019 at 5:01:54 am

Hello,

I'm not sure of the terminology to use sadly, however if you look at the linked picture you'll see that the "curved" part of the ramp has 3 faces. I am looking to smooth this out so that in-game it is not bumpy.

In the following picture you can see my goal. There are 10 faces for the curved part of the ramp. Hoping to modify the current one than remake each ramp.

My friend knows how to do it in Blender but does not know C4D. He told me I'd have to subdivide the ramp and then bevel it, but the beveling messes it up because either I'm not doing it right or I'm using the wrong tool.

At this point I have separated the curved part and added a Subdivision Surface to it, resulting in the following.

I hope that someone will be able to assist me in doing this or give me the correct terminology to research on my own.

Thank you,

Ocean

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Smoothing a hard curve
on Feb 12, 2019 at 3:36:06 pm

it's a simple object so I'd start from beginning rather than try to fix this in place. It looks like you could use the Bevel tool on the edge of an editable cube like this

Return to posts index

Milan Marecek
Re: Smoothing a hard curve
on Feb 14, 2019 at 12:08:21 pm

...or select inner edges and use bevel afterwards on an existing one? Should work as well, even though I agree that start with a new object is "cleaner" option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]