MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I delay a dynamic object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Morton
How do I delay a dynamic object?
on Feb 7, 2019 at 5:46:57 pm

I'm not all that good at this, but working on it. I have a simple animation we've all seen dozens of times. The tube spits out some balls that fall into a bowl or something like that. I've set that up with a Cloner to hold the spheres. When I play, the spheres drop down into the bowl from a tube above. Seems to work fine once I got the various settings right in the dynamics.
Heres' the thing. I want this animation to happen, dropping 12 red balls into the bowl. Pause. Then I want the same action, but with a different colored sphere to drop from the tube and fill more of the bowl. Then a third group. I tried copying the first cloner and changing the color or the ball, but I can't seem to figure out how to delay the second cloner from dropping at the same time as the first. I'm sure this is easy and I'm just missing something, but I can't figure it out.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How do I delay a dynamic object?
on Feb 7, 2019 at 6:52:21 pm

you can have the Dynamics tag Dynamic/Enabled parameter off (unchecked) and then keyframe it to turn it on whenever is appropriate. That method has the advantage that all the cloners can occupy the same space and not 'explode'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]