MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to extrude an extruded object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zuzanna Loch
How to extrude an extruded object?
on Feb 2, 2019 at 8:35:02 pm

Hey! First of all, I am totally new to this forum and also not a pro with C4D.
I have the following problem: I need to create a cylinder, in which one of the bases is wavy.
In order to achieve this, I first made a sinusoidal shape in Illustrator -> merged it into C4D -> extruded it -> put under a Boole so that it was cut into a circle.
For now, it resembles a wavy potato chip (see the screenshot in the link). What I need is to extrude it in a way that from a thin chip, it becomes a thick wavy slice of a potato 😃 Ideally, one side of that slice should be flat, instead of wavy.

Alternatively, this could be done by cutting a cylinder with the wavy surface I have now. But all I have found was to cut the object with a straight line.

I have been trying to achieve it for hours and didn't succeed. However, I believe there is probably some simple way to do this, so I will be very very happy to receive any bits of advice!

screenshot2019-02-02at21.17.05.png

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to extrude an extruded object?
on Feb 3, 2019 at 5:48:11 pm

not enough info, here are some ways to do what I think you want... there are probably more ways

13073_wavybottomtrial.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Zuzanna Loch
Re: How to extrude an extruded object?
on Feb 3, 2019 at 10:36:00 pm

Wow! Thanks man. This is exactly what I was trying to achieve. Also, I admire the clean way you structured the file, so I could follow it step by step. Thanks a lot :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]