MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

baking explosion deformer for Pla Mate and OBJ sequence export -

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Schissel
baking explosion deformer for Pla Mate and OBJ sequence export -
on Jan 28, 2019 at 10:31:54 pm

I'm using the PLA-MATE plugin from Xfiles and have been successful in baking the explosion deformer for exporting to obj sequence. However I have only pulled it off 3 times in the last 48 hours of trying, not sure how to track what I'm doing cause I'm so delirious from failing the other 1000 times. I have tried the following:

Drag Object with Explosion Deformer into the timeline, bake with all parameters turned on, clean copy, expressions, PLA included.

Add point cache tag - store frame, calculate.

Use plamate to make a fresh duplicate

Drag point cache from original object to new duplicate.

Bake animation in timeline, delete the point cache!

When it works it's amazing. In unity I bought the mega fiers plug-in for $150 just to use this workflow. Any help in sussing out the step by step process or settings within any of these steps is immensely appreciated. I will trade work for answers!

All the tutorials and documentation show the point cache tag working immediately to remove deformer but keep animation in tact on the objects. The point cache tag doesn't work for me without lots of repeated attempts and using a whole slew of options in the process outlined above. Maybe point cache isn't meant to work with the explosion deformer as easily as the other deformers. ANy info is helpful at this point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]