MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Create selection that stays in a 3D world and selects parts of an object within the 3D selection's boundaries?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lester stone
Create selection that stays in a 3D world and selects parts of an object within the 3D selection's boundaries?
on Jan 24, 2019 at 10:37:48 am

Hi,

is it possible to create, for example an object as a selector, that will select the polygons of another object once that other object is within the selector-objects boundaries?? So kinda like an active selector in a 3d space..

Another example: I have made a plane that is situated in the middle of an object "cutting it in half" I would like the parts of the object on the left side of the plane to be selected and not the right side and I would like this to be dynamic.

This has been a head scratcher.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Create selection that stays in a 3D world and selects parts of an object within the 3D selection's boundaries?
on Jan 24, 2019 at 7:17:20 pm

what would you do with the selection? What you describe is what the falloff tab of the effectors do (particularly in R20 where the falloff has become Fields) an effect can be limited to a shape. So what version of C4D do you have and what are you going to do with the selections?

Return to posts index

Lester stone
Re: Create selection that stays in a 3D world and selects parts of an object within the 3D selection's boundaries?
on Jan 24, 2019 at 7:58:23 pm

Hi,
I have r19, and I want to multiple things with this selection splitting:

1. I want my TP-emitters to not be able to emit at that point where it crosses the line (The emitters are moving around and acrros the line, I dont want the part of the emitter that cross the line to emit.).

2. I would like to apply a different shader to the segregated selection.

3. I want certain lights to only affect one side of the selection.

The thing is that I want to have this line of seperation consistent with all these effects(emitter, shader and light) so I was hoping there was a way to use an object like a plane to create this selection seperation.

The first purpose is the most important.

But interesting with that r20 feature, I have heard about it but not thought much of it..

thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 25, 2019 at 3:25:56 am

I don't know if it's possible but I'd start investigating Vertex maps, that will definitely get you number 2, it might get you 1 (but that should be possible with xparticles). Not sure about 3

Return to posts index

Lester stone
on Jan 25, 2019 at 6:16:17 am

Alrght thanks :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]