MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

clones on spline are starting from the center of the spline instead of the end

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad demoss
clones on spline are starting from the center of the spline instead of the end
on Jan 22, 2019 at 8:30:04 pm

I have a spline with a cloner that clones some spheres along the spline. I want to start from 0 clones from one end of the spline and have it fill the clones to the other end of the line totally 31 clones. so im animating from 0-31 clones over time. The clones seem to be starting to animate from the center of the spline for some reason.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: clones on spline are starting from the center of the spline instead of the end
on Jan 23, 2019 at 1:26:03 am

one clone at the end then the rest fill in from the middle? I may be missing something else blindingly obvious but this works

13045_stepclonesonspline.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

chad demoss
Re: clones on spline are starting from the center of the spline instead of the end
on Jan 23, 2019 at 5:38:29 pm

Thanks Brian I didn't know you could put a spline wrap in a null with a cloner and it automatically uses the splinewrap as the "object" even though you are using "linear" setting of the clone. I was using the cloner"object" mode and used the spline as the object which worked except for the whole clones starting from the middle of the spline.

This is pretty confusing but now I know.

one other thing I have the cloned spheres turn on the spline at a 90 degree angle and at that corner point the sphere's are warped. anyone know how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 23, 2019 at 10:09:11 pm

yes, it's going to try and deform it... I figured out one of the blindingly obvious things I missed - this works better I think

13054_stepclonesonspline2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

chad demoss
on Jan 23, 2019 at 10:25:25 pm

This is turning out to be more difficult then I thought it would be. when I use that "spline" effector on a straight line it is animating from some random spot also. Ive attached the file i'm working on so you can see what i'm trying to do. I want to fill the whole grid with circles that animate from the sides and turn at 90 degree angles and all line up on the vertex of the grid.

13055_grid.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]