MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bake MoSpline animation for export

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Demian Krentz
Bake MoSpline animation for export
on Jan 17, 2019 at 4:35:09 am

That's it. Trying to export a mospline animation for use in another app.

Possible?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Bake MoSpline animation for export
on Jan 18, 2019 at 4:37:25 pm

Bake to Alembic works in R20 and exporting to Alembic would work pre-R20. If you can't go to Alembic (because your target program won't read it) you can bake to alembic then use the Bake Objects command in the timeline on the imported alembic in C4D, then export that in a format you can use.

Return to posts index

Demian Krentz
on Jan 18, 2019 at 9:57:13 pm

I'm probably either not explaining something correctly or I'm not exporting it correctly, but after the Alembic export, all I get in the resulting file are the splines and nulls. Geometry is missing. Tried a few different combinations in the export/import dialogs. Still no dice.

But I did get something to work using that iterate-over-points method outlined in this tutorial:

Summary is, I exposed the points (via the Connect object > Correction deformer combo) in the parametric objects (MoSpline, sweep, etc.) before I could bake them.

If Alembic export accomplishes the same thing, I couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 19, 2019 at 5:35:36 am

well that's different than just baking mosplines, it is possible to bake the correction deformer directly -
if it's a Loft with animated Mosplines driving it, it would be
- Correction Deformer in a null with the loft
- Bake the Correction object (drag it in to the timeline if necessary, Timeline/Functions/Bake Objects... with PLA checked)
- make the Loft editable
- apply the baked correction deformer as a child to the editable object
- that object (might have to drag in into the timeline manager) can then be baked - again with PLA - which will be created with a correction deformer as a child but it can be deleted or disabled.

13041_bakecorrectiondeformer.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]