MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

if I align an object on spline and clone it then using random effector and adjusting "time" it takes it off the spline

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad demoss
if I align an object on spline and clone it then using random effector and adjusting "time" it takes it off the spline
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:29:54 pm

I have an object with an "align to spline" tag and I am animating the tag position from 0 to 100. everything works fine except when I try to adjust the "time" in the random (or step) modifier so that all the clones are not starting and stopping at the same time. when I adjust time to anything but 0 the object doesn't animate along the spline anymore.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: if I align an object on spline and clone it then using random effector and adjusting "time" it takes it off the spline
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:41:35 pm

can you post the file?

Return to posts index

chad demoss
Re: if I align an object on spline and clone it then using random effector and adjusting "time" it takes it off the spline
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:43:54 pm

I'm not sure how to upload the file when I click on the little icon that says "file upload" it looks like it tries to create a whole new post

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:50:01 pm

it doesn't really that takes you through an upload process which gives you a link you can copy/paste back into the original but there is an easier way, just drag and drop the file into the message window and it does it automatically.

Return to posts index

chad demoss
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:52:46 pm

13034_dots.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

chad demoss
on Jan 15, 2019 at 9:45:32 pm

ok that is easy.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 16, 2019 at 4:13:03 am

what's the long term goal? to have more than the one clone I would guess, going off in a a wave or randomly? But aligning to spline and cloning won't give you that, I think, since all the cloned align to spline tags would all point to the original spline not the cloned instances you are (I think) hoping for.

Return to posts index

chad demoss
on Jan 16, 2019 at 11:27:55 pm

I just want a bunch of lines to draw on like trim paths in illustrator. but I dont want them to all start and end at the same time. I think my #1 issue in cinema 4d is off setting the timing of clones. If i do something real basic I can offset the time in random and it works no problem. if I start adding stuff it never seems to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]