MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D - Scaling Rigged Characters with animation.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Vosper
C4D - Scaling Rigged Characters with animation.
on Jan 14, 2019 at 5:57:10 pm

Hi Creative Cow.

I have been creating Fish in C4D using the Character preset and setting it to fish then Adjusting and Binding and the animation is then added to the rig.

When it comes to scaling the fish every time I try this the rig is messed up.

Here is a shot of my set up.

Any advice on how to scale this without the rig and dynamics going weird that would be very helpful!

Thanks

Ed

http://www.edwardvosper.com

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: C4D - Scaling Rigged Characters with animation.
on Jan 15, 2019 at 3:12:37 am

the way to scale animation and the model is to use Object mode rather than Model mode but if you have a joint hierarchy separate from the model hierarchy they both need to be in a null which you then scale. I don't know if it's the same with a character/cmotion workflow

Return to posts index

Edward Vosper
Re: C4D - Scaling Rigged Characters with animation.
on Jan 16, 2019 at 11:57:54 am

Thank you for the Tip!

I gave it a shot and still had the same problems, I think this is due to it being rigged with cloth dynamics...

After working on this for a little while a found a workaround that kind of works.

In the process of building the Character Rig, there is a stage called Adjust. This is where you move dots to position the joints locations.

If you click on the Adjust Tab so you see the dots then go to scale using Object mode then go to scale all components in a Null then it seems to work okayish not all the time.

You then go to the Bind Tab then Animation tab and hope that it works.

Kind of works some of the time.

http://www.edwardvosper.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]