MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

emitter particles not colliding

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Greenstein
emitter particles not colliding
on Jan 9, 2019 at 10:11:42 pm

Hi,

I apologize, as I know this has been asked and answered a lot. I've gone through a ton of answers and cannot seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to get some emitted bubbles to collide with the container they're in, but they continually go through the objects they're supposed to collide with. I've tried changing the collider object's mesh to static. I've tried increasing the steps in the project settings. I've tried using different shapes to see if they might work better. I've tried using collision size increments. Nothing seems to have any effect. I'm attaching the project. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need to figure this out.

13007_particlecollisionproblem.c4d.zip

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: emitter particles not colliding
on Jan 10, 2019 at 5:02:51 pm

Show Objects in the emitter is off so your particles won't show except as lines (and those can be ignored with Dynamics since the particle under the influence of dynamics will behave according to the dynamics). With Show Objects turned on your spheres are just exploding since they have very low structural strength in the Soft Body settings but have pressure above zero. The scale of the scene is likely too small to work and softbodies generated like this (simple emitter) are likely to spawn inside each other which will make them stick together because they interpenetrate on birth. And at that scale the 5cm hollow collider with a 2cm size increment means there is 1cm inside the cone that the particles can go...
What is the final effect supposed to be? That will help determine a best method.

Return to posts index

Glenn Greenstein
Re: emitter particles not colliding
on Jan 10, 2019 at 6:17:56 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response! I was worried the size might be part of the problem, but don't know how to get around it. Basically, these are supposed to ultimately be bubbles that are coming out of a fish's mouth when it opens. I was using the cone because the particles weren't reacting to the fish as a collider object at all. I was ultimately going to open and close the lid on the cone to correspond with when the fish opened its mouth.

Should I increase the structural strength? I had the pressure up so that the bubble would expand a bit after leaving the fish's mouth, but I could lower that setting, too. Also, I had show objects turned off because the scene moved too slowly when it was on.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]