MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Finding center of object with PLA animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kimber
Finding center of object with PLA animation
on Jan 7, 2019 at 10:37:51 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make an animation where text is inside a bubble that's floating around and eventually pops (to reveal the undistorted text). I've created the bubble and have it animating the way I want. Because I wanted it to pop, I used a cloth tag, not realizing the difficulties I would have with trying to get the text to move with the cloth-tagged bubble object. I finally figured out a way to get it to move with the bubble....kind of. I baked the bubbles animation with PLA keyframes. Then, using Xpresso, I fed the bubble's object node into a point node and fed that into the text's global position. Obviously, this works to a degree in that my text is now moving with my bubble. But, it also is (obviously) moving with the points on bubble's surface. What I really want is to figure out a way to get it to move inside the bubble. Is there a way to offset the position, or find the center of all the points so that I can parent the text to that?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Finding center of object with PLA animation
on Jan 8, 2019 at 3:10:09 pm

perhaps it would be easier to get the text to float around like you'd want then sync the bubble to that

Return to posts index

Sean Kimber
Re: Finding center of object with PLA animation
on Jan 8, 2019 at 3:41:56 pm

Hmmm...how would I do that so the bubble still pops and follows dyamics?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]