MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Surface Constraint/Clamp, with rotation?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Vining
Surface Constraint/Clamp, with rotation?
on Jan 3, 2019 at 3:36:01 pm

I am trying to constrain a simple object A to a point on the surface of another object B. I am able to Constraint/Clamp the object A to a point selection on object B, and the clamped object A moves back and forth and up and down with object B, but it does not rotate along with the rotation of object B. I assume I am missing something very basic here, but I can't seem to find any tutorials online to help me. Any advice welcome!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Surface Constraint/Clamp, with rotation?
on Jan 3, 2019 at 10:33:51 pm

it sounds like you placed object A where you needed it then clamped. Try Parent or PSR instead, those should do what you want. Or actually parent the object (make A a child of B), or clone A onto B using a point selection

Return to posts index

Tim Vining
Re: Surface Constraint/Clamp, with rotation?
on Jan 4, 2019 at 2:59:16 am

Okay, thanks. Parent, from what I can tell, will only parent to the entire object, since the target won't accept a point selection. I was able to clone my object to a point using Mograph, which is kind of awkward, honestly, since I'm trying to clamp to the moving hand of an animated character mesh, and positioning the clamped object to it is messy, but maybe that's the only way to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]