MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

High res HDRI environment pixelated in reflection

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jareb Coupe
High res HDRI environment pixelated in reflection
on Jan 1, 2019 at 8:49:10 pm

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of images, though I'm sure the issue is pretty straight-forward.

I've found a few similar posts, but mostly they just solve it by adding blur to the reflection. I'm convinced my scene is high enough resolution to support the controlled/static reflection shot that I'm looking for. Yet, no matter what I do, the reflection (the image reflected by the glass material of the environment) always comes out as pixelated / blocky.

I've tried farting around with the HDRI sampling itself - toggling from MIP to SAT. And I can't seem to find any particular setting for reflections in the Physical renderer. So I'm a bit at a loss.

To verify the HDRI res as being a non-issue, I experimented by increasing the distance of the reflected object by exactly 2x away from the camera. Effectively, this should have doubled the res, and shrunk the 'blocks' by half. But it appeared to have no effect. So I'm sure it's something in the reflection setting itself, but I've never actually come across reflection quality settings that I can recall.

Whatcha think?

----------------------------------------------
Hobbyist level - R17

Return to posts index

Jareb Coupe
Re: High res HDRI environment pixelated in reflection
on Jan 2, 2019 at 3:16:41 am

Whhhell... I replaced the texture with a higher resolution HDR file, and it looks fine.

So, kids, there you have it.

----------------------------------------------
Hobbyist level - R17

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]