MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Additional Light Source in Cel

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Lee
Additional Light Source in Cel
on Jan 1, 2019 at 4:38:39 pm

Hi there, this is George.

I recently started self-learning C4D with some tutorials from Eyedesyn. While I was learning how to create a Cel Shading style with Sketch and Toon, I came upon a problem.
As you can see at the first picture from Eyedesyn tutorial where the preview of the cel shading with only one light source. However, in the second picture, I can't seem to get rid of the second light source in the center.

I wonder if there is any setting that I should adjust in order to get rid of the second light source?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Additional Light Source in Cel
on Jan 1, 2019 at 6:45:12 pm

the material preview is a set of built in objects you can change by right-clicking on the image and selecting one of the shapes. It's possible to load more and to rotate the object but I am unaware of ability to add more lights (in the help Reference/Cinema 4D/Cinema 4D Prime/Material Manager/Material Properties/Material Editor/Material Preview). Try right-clicking on the image to get to one of the of the other shape choices (or just choose Default) and see if that fixes it.

Return to posts index

George Lee
Re: Additional Light Source in Cel
on Jan 6, 2019 at 10:43:12 am

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your advice. I tried other shapes but they all have two light sources on them. However, while I rotate the preview material, there is only on light source shown. I believe it might be a bug for material preview. 🤔

Thanks again for your response!

Best
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]