MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Simplifying an object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrik Cauner
Simplifying an object?
on Dec 28, 2018 at 10:40:12 pm

Hello guys, I have a certain problem that I would need a little help with. I have a certain model that I would like to use, a map actually that is well almost 1GB in size, now for some reason despite my pc being quite powerful it is of course hardly possible to work with it, so my question would be, is there some way to actually use it by simplifying it? I do not need it to be terribly detailed because it is supposed to be a background.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Simplifying an object?
on Dec 29, 2018 at 7:29:39 pm

how is it made? Does it have procedural parts that can be simplified? Or is it all editable? If editable you might be able to use the PolyReduction object but at that size it would be a while... Can you just render it and then use the image on a background plane or BG object?

Return to posts index

Patrik Cauner
on Dec 29, 2018 at 9:02:56 pm

Oh well, it is a single object, not divided at all, it is editable and I tried polygon reduction but what happened is that the whole object just disappeared, so not sure if it was just loading for an enormous amount of time. As for render, thats what I aimed for but with the loadings as they are its damn near impossible since not only cant I make some lighting and sruff but I cant even move the camera to the place I would want.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 29, 2018 at 10:47:04 pm

yeah poly reduction takes a while on big stuff and yours is *huge*, and then changing anything would take a similarly long time to get it right, just nasty by the sound of it.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 29, 2018 at 11:02:37 pm

The largest single object I have on hand is one of the PLY scanned objects, Lucy, in C4D format it's 1.33 gigs. I just dropped it into a poly reduction object - it's taking a while, 10 minutes in and it looks like it might be 10%-ish, I'll let it percolate...

Return to posts index

Patrik Cauner
on Dec 30, 2018 at 12:13:37 am

Ah I see, so it didnt disappear, it just takes long to get the polygons reduced then, well if that is the case then I guess I will let it do its thing. I didnt really think about it bevause well what I expected was that once I drop it under the polygon reduction, it will freeze the whple program while the objects polygons are being reduced, instead what I got was that the object just disappeared and all other functions were working as fast as they used to.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 30, 2018 at 1:44:12 am

it's got to be single threaded so there is lots of computer left over while you wait. Try and make a guess on the settings you need (maybe you could copy a part of it and poly reduce that as a test?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]