MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloner Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Brant
Cloner Problem
on Dec 17, 2018 at 4:57:17 pm

Hi guys

So I'm been trying to figure out this problem...

I have a sweep object in my project that's made up from a circle and formula. I did this to create a spring.

I now want to put hooks on the end of the spring to transform it into a tension spring, someone suggested I use the cloner tool. Which after some tweaking and trial and error works fine and looks great. the only problem I have is when I change the formula to expand the spring the left hook rotates. (It stays with the spring end, it just rotates)

I have tried it two ways;-

1. I have tried duplicating the hook (within the cloner tool) so that there are two separate objects
2. Using just one hook with the cloner tool creating the other one.
Both have the same problem. (images below)

Anyone any idea how I can stop the left hook from rotating/moving when I change the formula?

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot with one hook.

Screenshot with two hooks.

The problem that occurs (the same problem happens in both files).

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cloner Problem
on Dec 18, 2018 at 1:55:24 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Dec 18, 2018 at 3:24:20 am

maybe use an up vector with the clones but that's only a maybe (have you tried turning off Fix Clone?). Given your familiarity with formulas perhaps you could create the spring as a whole object and then use a Formula Deformer on it (but I am not familiar with formulas - beyond the dead simple stuff - so you would know far better than I)

Return to posts index

Ryan Brant
Re: Cloner Problem
on Dec 19, 2018 at 4:46:53 pm

Problem solved. I duplicated the hook and flip the symmetry, then made it editable. I added it to the cloner objects. then in the plain/tag1, I changed the transform mode from 'Relative' to 'Absolute'. Happy days ☺

Thank you Brian for trying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]