MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Connector object--how to control?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Vining
Connector object--how to control?
on Dec 14, 2018 at 10:05:02 pm

Hi, I'm using a connector object to add secondary motion to a dangling object, but it's swinging too much. I have just a connector between a single collision object and single dynamic object, on Moving Mesh. Is there a way to increase the friction or something so that the hinge doesn't swing so fast & much when it is moved? Appreciate any advice!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Connector object--how to control?
on Dec 16, 2018 at 1:22:49 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Dec 16, 2018 at 1:39:33 am

in the force tab of the rigid body tag on the dangling object, increase Angular Damping or Drag in Aerodynamics, more fine control there (or both)

Return to posts index

Tim Vining
on Jan 7, 2019 at 12:52:58 am

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, neither of those seemed to help, nor did increasing the mass or friction and a few other things I tried. What finally seemed to work was increasing the gravity in the Projects/Dynamics tab--that made it swing less, which makes sense to me--the gravity is "pulling" the object downwards harder--but it seems like your suggestions should have worked, but so many of the settings seemed to have little or no effect.

Return to posts index

Tim Vining
on Jan 7, 2019 at 2:46:16 am

PS: actually, that didn't really look right, either, once I rendered it out. I'm stumped.

This is a link to the animation, if anybody can suggest anything.

Also, a screenshot of the file in C4D.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 7, 2019 at 3:12:03 am

here's a test, very simple so maybe not right. The back 'lantern' is default settings, the front one is using Follow Rotation, Angular Damping and Aerodynamic Drag. I just pulled those numbers from nowhere so maybe not right but it should be doing something for you.

13003_lanterntrial.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Tim Vining
on Jan 9, 2019 at 11:51:13 am

Thanks, Brian! I think this really points me in the right direction. My first test looks better already.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]