MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Possible to add points to a helix?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
Possible to add points to a helix?
on Dec 12, 2018 at 11:07:08 pm
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Dec 12, 2018 at 11:07:30 pm

I want to animate shapes along a helix, but I also want to be able to join the helix to another spline path I create (so that the shapes get to the end of the helix, then travel along the custom spline I drew). I want it to appear seamless, so I don't just want to place the helix close to the spline; I actually need the shapes to travel along the helix and spline as though they were a single path. My plan was to join them by a point, but the helix has no points and I was not able to use create point, like I normally would if I were adding a point to a custom drawn spline. Does anyone know if it's possible to add points onto a helix, and if not, is there an alternative that would let me join the end of the helix to the beginning of a custom spline?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Possible to add points to a helix?
on Dec 12, 2018 at 11:45:27 pm

the Helix is a parametric object (like the sphere/cube etc) which means you have settings to control the size/rotations etc in the object. All parametric objects can be made editable (top icon on the left bunch) Shortcut-C, that will make the helix into a spline object - no parametric controls anymore but it will have normal points like the spline you drew. Select your spline and the editable helix connect them and then you can close the gap between them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]