MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to restrict cloner object to the another object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sergey krotov
How to restrict cloner object to the another object
on Dec 11, 2018 at 6:32:27 pm

Hello creative people ☺ would you please help me? I'm kind a new in cinema, trying to switch from 3ds max.
I have a question: is there a way to restrict the length of vertical elements of the bridge railing system by top rail? I have tried by using two step effectors: one did the scaling and another did the movement back. But it looks terrible and I didn't reach what I need. So maybe I'm missing something and c4d have another great way to restrict the length of objects? The vertical elements did by boxes inside cloner, and target of the cloner is lower rail.

Thank you in advance and have a nice time of day all.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to restrict cloner object to the another object
on Dec 27, 2018 at 5:50:32 am

a long time ago now but clone length (scale, really) can be changed with effectors. Which isn't starting at an object and stopping at an object just a scaling to match the curve. There are probably many more ways to do this.

12977_clonelength1.c4d.zip
12978_clonelength2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

sergey krotov
Re: How to restrict cloner object to the another object
on Dec 27, 2018 at 7:40:01 am

wow!!! Thank you so much Brian for such great and detailed response with c4d files ☺
This is amazing ☺ And i will be pay more attention to the fields now =)) But why if our rail is not the simple curved. In that case i solved the problem with step effector in dragging spline points point by point. But this is so time consuming ☹ its really pity that there is not possible to restrict lenght just picking some object.
Thank you very much. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year =)) Cheers from snowy Russia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]