MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Metaball Issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Metaball Issue
on Dec 9, 2018 at 3:45:15 pm

So I've been asked for a short clip of 2 cells merging. Figured with metaball, this should be a quick thing to put together. Granted I've only used it a handful of times, I figured it would be the perfect thing to make these "Cells" I put together for a quick demo merge together nicely. But when I apply it to my cells, they either flat out disappear, or bloat them. Am I missing something? I originally thought this was gonna be a 5 minute project, and has turned into hours of frustration. Any help would be appreciated!

12938_sample.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Metaball Issue
on Dec 10, 2018 at 3:54:42 am

with the scene you provided check Exponential Falloff and increase Hull Value to something way higher, 750-ish looks ok. And I would delete the Subdivision Surfaces the metaball should smooth it out enough for you

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Dec 10, 2018 at 10:42:39 am

Same as Brian's comment, I'd add, you need to put simple geometry in the metaball object, just two spheres. The metaball will make spherical shapes only. Then add your deformations, smoothing and cell nucleus after the metaball object.

Alternatively if you have r20 you can use the new volume modelling thing, that should let you do the setup you're trying to do here.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Dec 10, 2018 at 6:02:48 pm

Thans all, I ended up fixing it myself. It's meant to be a rough demo to be sure, but now for whatever reason, the rendered video is looking nowhere near as good as the render view in C4D, by comparison, it's PS1 compared to PS4

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 10, 2018 at 6:06:19 pm

the metaball has both Editor and Render settings - if you were cranking the editor settings to get the right look in the viewport then didn't match it with the render settings it will be different.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Dec 10, 2018 at 6:08:12 pm

THANK YOU!! I always forget about that. How do I adjust it? Despite the way it looks I do usually know what I'm doing lol

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Dec 10, 2018 at 6:44:29 pm

Nevermind,it's currently rendering, but from the view port in the render queue looks MUCH better

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]