MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Delay start time of Matrix Extrude?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kale collins
Delay start time of Matrix Extrude?
on Dec 8, 2018 at 7:47:13 pm

Heya all, back again with a question for a personal project.
I'm creating a scene with a plant growing in a pot (using matrix extrude)
but I'd like the pot to fall and bounce first, soil gather and THEN the matrix extrude (plant growing) begin.
I've tried looking in the tags and I can't find anything.
Is this even possible?
If so I'd love to hear any solutions ;D
Appreciate any feedback !!
Cheers c:

~{^-^}~

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Delay start time of Matrix Extrude?
on Dec 8, 2018 at 10:20:14 pm

In Studio or Broadcast MoExtrude is the same but it's a deformer and animatable. Without Studio or Broadcast maybe nitroman's MagicMesh https://nitro4d.com/product/magic-mesh-3-0/

Return to posts index

kale collins
on Dec 8, 2018 at 11:22:28 pm

Thanks for the response!
So I'm working in Cinema 4D r19 student version. I believe that product isn't compatible with the student version..
Are you saying there is no way to delay the start time without a plugin/product???
Just need that clarification if possible,
thanks!

~{^-^}~

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 8, 2018 at 11:38:41 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Dec 8, 2018 at 11:39:38 pm

your student version has MoGraph? MoExtrude is down near the bottom of the mograph menu. Otherwise, not that I know of (or remember at the moment) Matrix Extrude was meant for building with not animating as far as I know. Magic Mesh is free though - not that that helps you at the moment...

Return to posts index

kale collins
on Dec 9, 2018 at 12:34:44 am

Yes my student version has Mograph as well as Matrix Extrude! I am finished with creating the plant growing.
Now, All I want to do is delay the start time of the Matrix Extrude to a later frame (maybe frame 20?)
I'm asking if this is possible?
And if so, how?
Thanks again!

~{^-^}~

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 9, 2018 at 3:45:37 am

Matrix Extrude is a tool you use on an object - MoGraph/MoExtrude is an object you make a child of your object. It has the same settings as Matrix Extrude but because it's an object it's settings can be animated and keyframed. Set your rotation, scale and position (same as Move in matrix extrude) settings in the Transform tab then animate the Extrusion Steps in the object tab - it sounds like you want to keep that zero until frame 20 then increase it after that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]