MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Best workflow for working with a texture video that needs to be constantly updated?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Maric
Best workflow for working with a texture video that needs to be constantly updated?
on Dec 7, 2018 at 1:07:55 pm

Hi there. I have a model which has a screen on it (like an iPhone) and I need to be able to frequently tweak the content of that screen (After Effects generated video loaded into C4D material) as I also tweak the animation of the model in C4D. Currently the only workflow I'm aware of is having to manually reload a whole new video into the material each time I render a new tweaked version from AE. I was hoping I could simply save over the existing video and then hit Reload All Textures in C4D but that doesn't work for videos it seems, only images. It just keeps showing the older version of the vid. Any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
Re: Best workflow for working with a texture video that needs to be constantly updated?
on Dec 9, 2018 at 2:01:55 pm

I think I would definitely comp the phone screen in after effects. Make an object buffer for the screen from cinema 4d. Put a null on the phone screen with an external compositing tag. Then import your c4d file into after effects, and extract the camera and the null will cineware. The you can attach your screen anmation directly in after effects and change it as much as you like.

If you change the c4d animation you'll have to update your null and camera in AE. But this is a much easier workflow than exporting a texture and rendering it in the c4d scene.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]