MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Banding on AE project using C4D objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Norman
Banding on AE project using C4D objects
on Dec 6, 2018 at 6:07:24 pm

Please help me as I am on the brink of a breakdown.
I'm a complete novice with cinema4d, but have created a basic homage to 2001: a spoce odyssey with an extremely basic AE camera movement, using a phone created in C4D.
All is fine, except the rather prominent banding that's making the render pretty horrible to look at.
Please help me figure out how to eradicate this banding.

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
Re: Banding on AE project using C4D objects
on Dec 6, 2018 at 7:11:56 pm

You could try bumping the colour depth to 32, what are you composition settings in AE?

When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator down for the next guy

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Dec 7, 2018 at 11:28:51 am

It's hard to tell your problem without seeing the render...

For some render settings from cinema which will give you the best chance of eradicating banding (this is probably overkill but hey..) render out an EXR sequence at 32 bit with zip compression and "use 16bit floats" turned off.

Then in after effects make your Project settings: 32bit, then standard practice when working with 3d renders is setting your working colourspace sRGB and check "linearize working space".

If you still have banding its either rendered into the image from a low quality texture or something like that or if you're doing some very heavy colour effect in after effects.

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Dec 7, 2018 at 3:05:13 pm

Yes I understand, can you post an image of the banding in the render? Also your composition settings?

When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator down for the next guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]