MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Connecting dots

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Midtvedt
Connecting dots
on Dec 6, 2018 at 10:38:08 am

How can I make spheres/dot transform into a line that connects to another sphere/dot? All the while the original dot stays put. I want dots to appear from connecting lines. The lines should transform into the new sphere/dot whenever it reaches it's destination point.

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
Re: Connecting dots
on Dec 6, 2018 at 3:55:30 pm

Have you tried using a tracer object? That will let you connect lots of objects or nulls together as splines. If you put the tracer object in a sweep nurbs object you can trim the start and end to animate the dots connecting together.

There is also a plugin called Uber Tracer which is basically the same thing with more options. There are also ways of doing that with xparticles but it's a more complicated and an expensive plugin.

Return to posts index

Peter Midtvedt
on Dec 7, 2018 at 8:09:17 am

I've tried the tracer object, but with no luck. What I really want to do is make them behave a bit like the image I attached.

So the lines shoots out dots. I guess it shouldn't be that hard.

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Dec 7, 2018 at 11:08:34 am

I'm not sure I'm completely clear on what you're trying to achieve but it sounds like you need to do a really specific thing that will require using a combination of techniques. There probably isn't going to be a one stop effect that does exactly what you want I think.

I'm sure if you used a tracer object in combination with sweep nurbs and attaching sphere's with the align to spline tags you'll be able to animate what you want. You can turn visibility on and off with display tags so it looks like the lines are turning into dots etc...

Return to posts index

Peter Midtvedt
on Dec 10, 2018 at 10:29:08 am

Ok, I've tried playing around with a demo version of X-particles cause I really want to learn this plugin. What I'm trying to achieve is having the dots shoot out from a single dot, then whenever it changes direction, the trace leaves out another dot. Do you have any tutorials or guide me in any way to create this effect with X-particles?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]