MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

soft body madness

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignacio Triana
soft body madness
on Nov 26, 2018 at 10:16:08 pm

hey everyone, I'm a total newbie (as the kids say?) to C4D. I'm running C4D R18, on a Macpro OS 10.12 and I've been messing around with soft bodies and trying to do the whole bubble text, squishing together inside a cube. Trying to get that pushed up against a surface/glass effect.

I can't get around this crazy occurrence (screenshot attached) where whenever I increase the pressure in the soft body tag of the mograph text, it inflates, but then will go crazy as far as blowing out rapidly and wildly beyond the original shape/letter.

I'm trying to be able to control the inflation/pressure up and down to create a pulsing/inflating movement on the text.

I imagine there's a simple setting or tag I'm missing? I have the motext object shape set to moving mesh while the cube it's inside is set to static mesh.

anyways, I'm trying to find my way in this crazy wonderful program and would appreciate any input from all of you more experienced than I.
hope everyone's holiday was good

Ignacio

Return to posts index

Mohsen Amini
Re: soft body madness
on Nov 26, 2018 at 10:57:01 pm

Man I see you everywhere with your posts 😃 how u are newbie? anyway softbody has few important options you should play with to learn. also dynamic > expert tab in project setting and step calculations. I suggest first start with simpler shapes and learn how to deal with soft body. also as I remember Ej has a good inflating tutorial which you can do your job. you can utilize a cage or something similar to make them more under control maybe :/

Return to posts index

Ignacio Triana
Re: soft body madness
on Nov 26, 2018 at 11:39:54 pm

newbie to C4D, and I try my hardest to figure out these problems before I ask the forum. so don't post too much. I love EJ's tutorials, and been following that exact one but always run into this issue of the explosion of the soft body.

Is it something about a motext object? doesn't happen when I just play around with spheres as soft bodies.

hope all is well

Ignacio

dip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]