MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Smooth joints for combined mesh objects, evening out poly count between objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Smooth joints for combined mesh objects, evening out poly count between objects
on Nov 25, 2018 at 7:37:41 am

I have hands from one model, arms from another, a head from a third, etc. I can get the Frankenstein character to animate in mixamo, but the difference in poly count between some of the parts is obvious in the deformations, and even in stills, some of them are smoother than others.

I've done what I can with phong tags and such, but I need to address the low/high poly mix.

I've been toying with smoothing deformer and hypernurbs (I want most of them smoother and rounder, not just increased poly with same angles).

Not sure if I'm going to have to bake those back into pure meshes before it can go into Mixamo, or if there is maybe a better way to have a more consistent poly density between objects.

Also not sure if it's better to shoot for uniform poly density overall, or if I should have more at knees, elbows, etc.

I can also see the joints pretty clearly where I've joined a hand to an arm, for instance. I've done what smoothing I can by hand, but different light angles always gives away the cobbled joint.

I'm thinking there must be a way to have it interpolate an optimally smooth transition between the merged objects.

Any tips/tricks appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]