MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

simple curved wall

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
julian bremann
simple curved wall
on Nov 25, 2018 at 12:48:26 am

hi, can anyone please suggest the best way of modeling a simple curved wall? i tried bending a rectangle and also tried using splines and estruding them but it just generates a terrible polygone mesh that just doesn't extrude well - it's a messy and corners of the extrusions are all bad. thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: simple curved wall
on Nov 25, 2018 at 4:56:08 am

rectangle is a spline did you try and bend that? Or do you mean Cube? Bending a cube (if it has enough subdivisions) or extruding a spline should work, can't tell what the problem is really though since either should work. Can you post a scene file so we can look at it to offer suggestions?

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Nov 26, 2018 at 4:22:51 pm

Sweep nurb and splines, is what I would use.

When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator down for the next guy

Return to posts index

julian bremann
on Nov 26, 2018 at 8:56:54 pm

thanks for the replies.
well the thing is that bending on the rectangular doesn't work on the axes i want, tried but it just bends on some axis and then i want to make not only one but several curves. extruding a spline only works to a degree, the extrusion creates some triangle polygons that if you keep extruding and making bevels completely messes up the mesh so needs to be cleaned and it's annoying. i ended up doing manual extrusions and rotation of each segment to make low poly curves and then subdivided, it turned out ok but still feel that splines should work better, maybe i'm just not doing it right but spent buncha of hours on doing it so idk..
thanks tho

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Nov 27, 2018 at 6:28:12 pm

Some sort of example of what you are trying to achieve would be great. The attached sweepNurb walls too seconds to create.

When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator down for the next guy

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Nov 27, 2018 at 9:12:20 pm

* two... I forget how to edit a post. 👺

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 27, 2018 at 9:35:48 pm

if following from an email the easiest way is to click the top link 'take me to this post' (rather than 'take me to the entire thread') which will arrive in threaded mode where you post will have an Edit link. If you arrive via the 'entire' link (or are just visiting the site in "View post by Topic" (Date Updated - or not) the edit link does not show

Return to posts index

julian bremann
on Jan 13, 2019 at 3:26:30 am

thanks these are all great ideas!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]