MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4d Cloth simulation pull apart tear polygons disappear

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Baxter
C4d Cloth simulation pull apart tear polygons disappear
on Nov 23, 2018 at 8:39:10 pm

Hi all,
I'm trying to do a pull apart tear with cloth simulation in C4D R18 STUDIO. I set it up with a belt tag on either side and animated them apart with a vertex map to select the tear areas just like I've seen others do to get this effect. The problem here is, when I put the plane into a Cloth surface and run the simulation, the polys the are designated to tear just completely disappear on frame 1. I'm at a loss here for why this is happening so if anyone has some suggestions I'll take them.

Thanks,
Jake

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: C4d Cloth simulation pull apart tear polygons disappear
on Nov 24, 2018 at 2:34:01 am

don't know a lot, seems to happen with too small a value in the tear region. I did a test with vertexes set to 100 and the tear region to 80 and it still blows up too easily until the tear value is increased - the tear value seems very sensitive just a couple % either way is quite different results.

12908_clothteartest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Jacob Baxter
Re: C4d Cloth simulation pull apart tear polygons disappear
on Nov 24, 2018 at 7:58:47 pm

Thank you for the response. I played with all of the perimeters, but maybe I wasn't being fine enough with the adjustments. I'll take a look at that. In the mean time I did find a solution to getting the tear i want by animating the gravity and the scale values.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]