MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Head swap / add shoes to character within c4d?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Head swap / add shoes to character within c4d?
on Nov 21, 2018 at 4:51:33 pm

I have a powerful, but older mac, and a wimpy PC. The various character generator programs I tried either won't work on the mac due to outdated OS, won't work on the PC due to low end video card, etc. C4d works well, though, and I have at least some basic familiarity with it, and some animation sequences already worked out.

In any case, trying to just get something up and rigged as soon as possible to animate in C4D, and include sequences from Mixamo. I've managed to get characters rigged in Mixamo, then use RH Character Tools to then apply controllers in C4d to the Mixamo auo-rig. Maybe not ideal, but it's quick, and does what I need.

I can find pre-made characters that work for me, but... I need to switch the head to a 3d model I have and add different (larger) shoes.

Ordinarily, that's the sort of thing I would assume would be done within a character generator, but since C4d is running fine, and I can't get those working, is there a good way to do this in C4d? Just slice the character at the neck, attach head, and fuse somehow? Which tools exactly? To avoid discoloration issues, would the new combined mesh give me the opportunity to create a unified texture/color?

As for the shoes, can I just place them in same spot since they're bigger... then extend the bone structure to the new shoe dimensions, or are there issues I'm not foreseeing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]