COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Din Iulian Silviu
Realistic light inside a house - Christmas project
on Nov 21, 2018 at 11:43:14 am

Hello everyone.

I am trying to create a scene like this:
s-l300.jpg

I created the glass bell jar, the house and I tried to insert a light (omni light or a sphere with luminance ch material + global illumination eff) in interior of the house, but doesn't look real...

I need help, many thanks!

Regards!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Realistic light inside a house - Christmas project
on Nov 21, 2018 at 5:34:48 pm

it would be easier to test with the scene file but some general stuff, is that a real object or 3D? (hard to tell with that small a picture)
Either way, try and emulate the reality. The house should have thickness to the walls, the light should be a luminant object that's very bright, the windows should probably have portals (check the help) to pass light outward correctly (portals are usually used in reverse - for light coming in - but here it might help too). The inside surface of the house should be pretty white by the looks of it.
The GI bounces will have to be high enough to get light up the towers (if your house is like that) - unless there are more than one light in there - I've seen similar stuff that use a string of white LEDs.

Return to posts index

Din Iulian Silviu
on Nov 22, 2018 at 7:49:57 am

Thank you for you reply!

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Nov 21, 2018 at 6:54:09 pm

Will this be a still or an animation?

When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator down for the next guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]