MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Workflow for lip sync with static unrigged head attached to body executing connected / timed Mixamo dance sequences

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Workflow for lip sync with static unrigged head attached to body executing connected / timed Mixamo dance sequences
on Nov 19, 2018 at 5:40:19 pm

I think I understand the individual elements involved, but still trying to wrap my head around the overall workflow to combine a custom character with a static head, and have him dance to sequenced and timed Mixamo animations while lip synching.

The individual pieces I need to assemble are:

Mixamo dance segments: Need to time them to the music, and string them together. I've seen how to overlap in animation window in C4d to get smooth transitions, but not clear if it's best to retime/trim to get proper frame count in Mixamo, or just import as is and do all the retiming in C4d. I've already worked out the bpm / number of frames per measure, etc.

Lip synch: I have a separate head that is static and not rigged. I'm thinking Crazy Talk would be more user friendly for rigging the facial animation. Not sure if there are issues I should be aware of importing that animation into C4d, and having it run as the character is dancing.

The character needs custom clothes, so I was thinking of using Character Creator for the body / clothes unless someone has an easier suggestion. Since the head is a separate object and animated in another app, not clear at what point in the sequence the head should get swapped out.

Do I swap the head in Character creator, then upload that composite character to Mixamo for auto-rigging, then export those animated sequences, then somehow add the lip synch animation from Crazytalk, or do I need to add the head last in C4d since I need the animation to come with it.?

Open to switching anything around if it makes for an easier workflow. Only real issue is I have a particular head I want to use that currently exists only as a separate static object without any facial rigging.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]