MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Resizing tracked camera move

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McMullin
Resizing tracked camera move
on Nov 15, 2018 at 9:40:13 am

I've 3D tracked a camera in After Effects. It's a handheld camera POV walking in to an underpass that was probably in reality about 2.5m high. When I bring it in to Cinema the camera coordinates suggest that the camera is 10 metres above the ground plane and my human character is like a tiny pixie beneath it.

The easy thing is to resize the figure to make her something like 12 metres high but I feel I'd rather keep everything real-world size.

So I'm having trouble resizing the camera move. When I switch to animation mode the animation is scale from the camera's position and I can't seem to get it to scale from the ground plane level. Also, I would nest my figure inside a null created in After Effects at the position I want to place it, and i'm not sure how the scaling will affect all of this. Maybe there's a standard procedure to deal with all of this.

Many thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Resizing tracked camera move
on Nov 16, 2018 at 4:23:17 pm

if tracked in C4D there is a vector constraint to establish the scale of the scene, I'm not experienced enough with imported tracks to know if that's possible so I'd try importing the track, scale the scene, then add your objects at the right scale.

Return to posts index

John McMullin
Re: Resizing tracked camera move
on Nov 16, 2018 at 10:50:53 pm

Wow. That was actually so easy. I'd done it with Xpresso on the camera but that makes a lot more sense.

Thanks for your input.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]