MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

scene optimizing and reducing render time

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benedict Hein
scene optimizing and reducing render time
on Nov 6, 2018 at 2:55:04 pm

Hi guys,

I'm still a beginner with learning-by-doing projects. Since we have around 14 machines I can use with team render I mostly don't care that much about render times e.g. scene optimization. But for my current project I need to render an animation for an LED-wall with 8000 frames. 1 Frame (3840x1156 px) takes between 2 to 4 Minutes with all my teamrender machines. I desperately need to reduce the render time. Already merged objects and stuff, have the physical render setings between low and medium, but it still takes too long.

So I am looking fot tips and recommendations regarding scene optimization and reducing render times in general, which I might not know yet as a newbie.

Thanks for every suggestion!
Regards

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: scene optimizing and reducing render time
on Nov 6, 2018 at 3:58:16 pm

Steve or Adam likely have better insights but FWIW - what's the single frame render time on one machine? 15-30 minutes? Longer? I assume GI, have you checked out the GI optimization techniques in the docs? Can you fake it without GI? I assume a different renderer is not in the cards now with a deadline already there.

Return to posts index

Benedict Hein
Re: scene optimizing and reducing render time
on Nov 9, 2018 at 9:31:17 am

Render time on a single machine is around 15-20 minutes, you're correct. No GI but physical render with ambient occlusion.
Had a chat with a maxon technician who told me that, regarding the scene, there's not much room for improvement. Scene and settings would be okay and regarding objects and numer of frames that's just how long it takes. Was hoping for a bottleneck within my file.

Thank you anyways! Really appreaciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]