MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cache/Bake Voronoi Fracture?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mason
Cache/Bake Voronoi Fracture?
on Nov 3, 2018 at 8:45:06 pm

I have been searching everywhere for an answer to this. I have an object that has a 5000 Point Amount that is impossible to preview without rendering (which is also an eternity.

I've tried to use Point Cache, but when I hit "Store" nothing happens. There are no dynamics being used, so baking any dynamics is out of the question.

Anyone have any tips?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cache/Bake Voronoi Fracture?
on Nov 4, 2018 at 4:30:11 am

Mograph Cache tag? though I am not sure if that's what you are after..

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
on Nov 4, 2018 at 5:28:37 pm

I tried the Mograph Cache and it won't play back. Tried backing to file and internally...no luck.

I have only one deformer being used and applied the cache to the parent (voronoi fracture). Not sure what I am doing wrong here. When I click "Bake" it is clearly baking, and takes a long time. But I cannot play back anything.

I am doing this wrong?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 4, 2018 at 9:18:29 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Nov 4, 2018 at 9:39:53 pm

that's the method but it's really designed so you can scrub backwards and forwards (or jump to frames directly) through sequences that otherwise have to be calculated frame by frame or they don't work right (eg. dynamics). With a
deformer/effector you can already do that so the mograph cache isn't really doing you any good. I'd have to guess you don't have a fast enough machine to handle what you want quickly. What do you mean by "5000 point amount"? If that's vertexes in an object that's not high, if you mean your Voronoi Fracture has a source with 5000 points that's a bunch but not a whole bunch (unless you have Detailing on - but you could turn off Activate in Viewport) - or do you mean something else? What are you running this on?

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
on Nov 6, 2018 at 2:22:25 am

5000 points for the Voronoi Fracture.

No dynamics being used, and simple textures.

Running on:

Cinema 4D R18
Windows 10
INtel i7-5930K
3.50 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
x64
GeForce GTX 970

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
on Nov 13, 2018 at 2:41:45 am

Still haven't found a viable solution for this issue.

The Mograph Cache does help somewhat during scrub-thru, but it's still very laggy and useless in my case.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 13, 2018 at 4:22:05 am

Is Detailing on? Can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
on Nov 13, 2018 at 9:53:32 pm

No, detailing is not on.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 13, 2018 at 10:24:49 pm

it's hard to tell but in breaking up a cube with tons of subdivisions with a Voronoi Fracture with a source with 5000 points I was getting pretty good speed until I turned on detailing. I've got a threadripper which is about the same speed as your CPU (single core) but I do have a 1080 so maybe that's where the difference is, unless your object is, in some way, complex enough to be slowing the process.

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
on Nov 18, 2018 at 8:49:01 pm

Maybe. My object has only 14 panels (diamond) so not sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]