MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Scene gravity issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark madsen
Scene gravity issues
on Oct 29, 2018 at 4:59:00 pm

I MoTracked a scene and got a 3D solved camera. Everything looks great except I want to add some physics to my scene. The solved camera does not have the same world orientation as the footage I shot, so physics will not act correctly for the footage.
Should I try to adjust the solved camera or can I change the orientation of my scene? How would I do either of those options?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Scene gravity issues
on Oct 29, 2018 at 6:34:22 pm

I've only dabbled and watched some tutorials but that may be what Planar Constraint is for

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Oct 30, 2018 at 3:10:42 am

You can turn off the master gravity in the project settings and then add your own gravity object (under particles in the simulate menu) and point that object Y in the opposite direction you want gravity to pull. Add a sim tag to the objects your want gravity to affect and add the gravity tag to the simtag's forceList area (make sure to set the force mode to "include")

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Dec 6, 2018 at 4:06:12 pm

I'm sure it's a bit of a pain to work at a funny angle anyway. There's probably a way to se the ground pland and orientation when tracking but maybe it's easier to just put your whole scene in a null object and and re align it however you want. As long as your tracking markers and camera are in the same master null you can orientate it however you want

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]