MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Collider Body

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eli Jameson
Collider Body
on Oct 28, 2018 at 3:48:37 pm

Hello, I am new to Cinema 4d and I'm having a problem.

I have a custom landscape (collider body) and multiple spheres (soft bodies) falling on to it. However, when certain spheres fall on to the landscape, they become all misshapen and go all over the place.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Eli

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Collider Body
on Oct 28, 2018 at 6:39:21 pm

can you upload the scene file?

Return to posts index

eli Jameson
on Oct 28, 2018 at 7:59:09 pm

Hi Brian,

I recently uploaded a video of my problem to my account.

Thanks for your help,

Eli

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 28, 2018 at 9:07:12 pm

the sim getting unstable can happen for a number of reasons, I'd look at the help - Reference/Cinema 4D/Cinema 4D Visualize, Broadcast, Studio/Dynamics/Dynamics Body Tag but with out seeing the file I'd be thinking Shape Conservation maybe some stiffness would help

Return to posts index

eli Jameson
on Oct 28, 2018 at 9:33:14 pm

Hi Brian,

I changed the stiffness but it didn't work. I was wondering if you could take a look at the file (just uploaded to account). The error occurs when two of the spheres land in the middle of the river. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Eli

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 28, 2018 at 10:39:06 pm

Can’t test anything for a while but which direction do the normals of the water point? if it’s down perhaps the spheres penetrate the water then can’t bounce back because they are now trapped. Just a guess until later

Return to posts index

eli Jameson
on Oct 28, 2018 at 11:11:31 pm

Brian,
I do not think that's it because I actually made the water a ghost body and placed an invisible plane underneath it as a collider body. So the river shouldn't be affecting it at all-purely visual.

Let me know when you can look at it... I can also provide monetary support if necessary.

Thanks,

Eli

Return to posts index

eli Jameson
on Oct 29, 2018 at 3:13:18 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help... I ended up solving the problem by deleting my spheres and recreating them. perhaps a setting was wrong.

All the best,

eli

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 29, 2018 at 3:49:24 am

- parametric spheres - with render perfect still checked will always render as perfect spheres no matter how squished the soft body makes them so I turned that off in the sphere
- the unstable bits were always where two spheres interacted with each other so
- I removed the softbody from the sphere and put it on the cloner with inherit tag set to Apply Tag to Children and automatic for the shape (Moving Mesh is good for rigid bodies that are not a sphere or box etc but not needed for soft bodies) - maybe not necessary because...
- still unstable and I saw that Shear was 1000 that's a bunch - adding too much energy to any sim is never a good thing for stability - so I removed the softbody tag and put a new one in with default values
- I thought the default values were too squishy (though I have no idea the look you are going for) so I increased the Stiffness to 20
...and I removed the Ghost Tags since they don't seem to be used (unless you have plans for detecting the collisions later) just to make it simpler while I was testing
...and the trees and rocks have way too many polygons in them - makes the dynamics slow and the file large (relatively speaking) - you can do a lot with textures rather than have objects that dense

12842_icerainfall2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 29, 2018 at 3:54:33 am

yeah, I ran the rocks and trees through a Polygon Reduction generator and the file is 1/10th the size - rocks are pretty close and the trees are not quite as smooth but I did them all at 95% so the trees you could be more gentle with or put them in a SubD like the landscape to save the load - it calculates the dynamics a bit faster too I think

12843_icerainfall2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

eli Jameson
on Oct 29, 2018 at 11:49:20 am

Thanks so much Brian you were a great help. This file looks great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]