MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with Sketch&Toon lines

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Ferro
Problem with Sketch&Toon lines
on Oct 25, 2018 at 1:48:57 am

Hello,

I'm trying to set up this sketch&toon feature and having some issues.

This is my scene:
(image 1)

My problem is, when I try to render it, the lines are overlapping:
(image 2)

I found out how to fix the overlap, but the necessary change for this (checking the "Line Cull" and the "Self" boxes in "Render" in ST Material) makes it loose that uniform thickness style I want and stays like this:
(image 3)

What I need help: how can I get the right way of render from "image 3" but with the visual line(uniform line thickness without any variation os distance, scale, etc) style of "image 2"??

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Problem with Sketch&Toon lines
on Oct 25, 2018 at 10:55:13 am

We've seen this quite a bit. It seems to be depth issue: S&T doesn't realize that the "X" lines are farther than the object that should be blocking them. The best way we have found is to render certain objects on their own and then comp them in later. And yes often you have to render "over and under" alphas of all the other layers to use as mattes. A pain I know.
Other issues you may see pop up that are related to this is small line segments vanishing for a frame or two. It can make for a very buzzy image. Again it seems to be a depth issue but this time the lines are fighting with the skin of the object that has created the lines in the first place. S&K is a marvel but even after all this time it still has more than its share of glitches

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]