MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How would I get this texture on cinema 4D?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sonia Lange
How would I get this texture on cinema 4D?
on Oct 20, 2018 at 4:13:56 pm

Hello!

Would anybody know how I could get something like this effect on a texture with C4D?
https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/349310514831271187/

Any input would be helpful,

THanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How would I get this texture on cinema 4D?
on Oct 21, 2018 at 2:54:34 am

how was that image made? My guess is it's a model in a 'venetian blind' bars of light gobo - maybe pure white with post processing later in PS or something or the light is actually that color - I'm guessing the post-processing of white light edges on the model then the white is removed last. Recreating it could be like that, a projected texture, maybe with a gradient could work, I'm thinking projected rather than Flat mapping or it wouldn't stop like on the models arms.

Return to posts index

Sonia Lange
on Oct 21, 2018 at 7:52:58 am

Thanks for your reply! My problem is that the geometry of the model isn't very linear, so projecting texture goes lots of different directions. I've tried flat mapping but it comes out very flat and reducing the geometry only with by the y scale makes it ragged. Maybe I have to create more subdivisions

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 21, 2018 at 5:29:22 pm

these are the general possibilities I think. A texture limiting the light from a light object (a gobo) will give the stripes that we see in that reference image, that wrap around but don't show where the curve of the arms (etc) cut the light off.

12824_texturemappingtrial.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Sonia Lange
on Oct 28, 2018 at 3:01:44 pm

This was very helpful, thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]