MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Use plain effector on individual letters in C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Rigby
Use plain effector on individual letters in C4D
on Oct 14, 2018 at 8:33:18 pm

Hello, I recently aquired this C4D project file and I am absolutely baffled by how this person was able to animate the individual letters with a plain effector. I've been trying to decipher the project for hours. I believe that the text was probably made with motext and then made editable and placed under a fracture for some reason? The plain effectors are effecting the fracture and I don't understand how they are only effecting the individual letters. I have uploaded the project file. You can see the letter 'N' and 'Y' being effected individually. Its probably something really easy and simple and i'm just being dumb. Thanks.

12806_indivlettersproj.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Use plain effector on individual letters in C4D
on Oct 15, 2018 at 2:22:16 am

the Y and N have keyframe animation on them (look in their Coord tabs). The Fracture is so you can apply effectors to them since anything in a fracture is considered a clone, he (I assume by the Simon) could have used a MoText except that to animate the Y and the N separately he had to make it editable (or never started with MoText in the first place).
If you turn off the fracture to disable the mograph stuff you can see what the base animation (camera and letters) is doing, try turning off the camera as well.

Return to posts index

Joe Rigby
on Oct 15, 2018 at 11:21:37 am

Thank you very much for spotting this! Can't believe I never noticed this in the first place, it's such a simple thing! But now I know to do it, cheers buddy.

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
on Oct 15, 2018 at 2:23:26 am

For what i can see, the fracture is for the plain and the delay, the plain is in box falloff and gives the illusion of individual letters having the effect. And the delay is in Spring mode, because the letters are separated objects, the delay acts close to one at the time.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]