MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How can I create this effect in Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Midtvedt
How can I create this effect in Cinema 4D
on Oct 12, 2018 at 1:30:10 pm

https://vimeo.com/156236764

I got asked at work to make the animation you see in this video at around 30 seconds to 40 seconds in. But I don't know how. Any ideas for how this could be done? Either in After Effects or Cinema 4D. If you know of any scripts or plugins that would make it easier please let me know ☺

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How can I create this effect in Cinema 4D
on Oct 12, 2018 at 11:16:42 pm

from 30 to 40 looks like spheres cloned on a sphere (Object mode Surface distribution) with an effector of some sort randomizing the motion, with the sphere (or another sphere in the same place) connecting it's points (maybe UberTracer 2 could do that) to a central point

Return to posts index

Peter Midtvedt
on Oct 13, 2018 at 8:12:49 am

You're probably right, thanks! Never tested out Ubertracer before, do you know if there is a demo version available before I potentially buy it?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 13, 2018 at 2:56:11 pm

I do not, I did use Ubertracer, which started off free, and it was very useful. In the intervening time it wouldn't work with one of the C4D versions and I lost track of it so I've never used 2. I don't know if it will do what shows in that video - connect points of a sphere to a center point but not all of them (that's likely easy with a selection tag) and not all at once (that's the bit I don't know).
Thinking about it again, perhaps it can be done by cloning points or nulls onto a sphere(which could be not all and not all at once) and tracing that.
Given that there are really not that many (34) in the video (if you are trying to replicate the look) it could be done by hand... or 34 two point splines with a constraint at either end, one that connects to the center point and one that connects to a random one of the points of a sphere with xpresso (or something like that)

Certainly the video looks like it could have been done in C4D with mograph

Return to posts index

Peter Midtvedt
on Oct 15, 2018 at 10:01:42 am

Thanks for replying! Hmm very new to Cinema, du you perhaps know of a tutorial that may go through some of the things you mentioned? I know most of the mographs capabilities, but not so sure about the constraint tag and how this could work with cloners

Return to posts index

Peter Midtvedt
on Oct 17, 2018 at 6:53:50 pm

Still struggling with this. I have gotten this far and I'm now trying to connect lines from the inner sphere to the different dots. Anyone got tips on how to do this? Tracer object maybe? And also how to animate this so the dots and lines appear in a random order and not all at once?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 18, 2018 at 2:13:30 am

the problem with the mograph tracer is it will try and connect everything in the order of it's index. I thought of something else, pretty close not exact. Finally occurred to me the connections can be really simple and grow via an effector

12818_connectspheredots.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]