MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

sound effector / Sound field - to control additive movement.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo Nunn
sound effector / Sound field - to control additive movement.
on Oct 12, 2018 at 10:31:07 am

I’m looking to link sound effectors to the throttle and steering controls of a car.

I have 3 audio stems, i want one to power throttle, another to steer left and the third to steer right.

I’m having trouble understanding what the raw output of the sound effector is in xpresso , I basically want to turn the effector into a basic 0 to 100 data set that can drive each of the controls.

I also need the to make this data additive, so that each peak in the track adds to the position of the control but remembers its last position, I know this is something to do with the memory node but I’m struggling to get my head around it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best
Theo Nunn

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: sound effector / Sound field - to control additive movement.
on Oct 13, 2018 at 12:06:31 am

making data additive is easy, you just feed the current data into the calculation then back into itself

simple (hopefully) example

That takes the Y pos from the cube adds 1 to it and feeds it back in. Execution happens top to bottom, left to right so it works. That leaves the cube wherever it left it so if you want a start position at the beginning you have to add some xpresso to reset whatever parameters you have when the frame returns to zero (or whatever works for your situation)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]