MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Modelling Advice

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Samuels
Modelling Advice
on Oct 9, 2018 at 6:26:15 am

Hi.

I've been dabbling with cinema 4d for a while, making a few models using mostly geometric shapes. I'm now trying to push myself into creating on more challenging, organic forms.

For some reason I started by working on producing a Tiki glass like the one below bit after creating the initial cylinder shape, I have hit a brick wall.

I created splines of each constituent part (eyes, nose, mouth etc) with the idea of extruding or sweeping them but that hasn't provided the desired result. I'm also struggling with getting the object to bend around the curvature of the cylinder.

Could anyone provide any basic pointers please? Would it be better to give the cylinder a lot of geometry and work it's polygons?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Modelling Advice
on Oct 10, 2018 at 2:18:30 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Oct 10, 2018 at 2:53:34 am

it's possible to do something like this with
- a displacement texture
- you could use the Wrap deformer to wrap your spline extrudes around the cylinder but they would need to have Caps set to Regular Grid to be able to bend smoothly. Then getting the extrudes to smoothly blend in to the surface would be hard unless you have R20 and the Volume Builder/Volume Mesher
- Sculpting
- and you could subdivide the cylinder in the right way and subD that etc.

the displacement should (judging by some of the demos at Siggraph) be possible with the splines as a source in R20 as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]