MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sculpting a 2D Bird

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Nighel de Vries
Sculpting a 2D Bird
on Sep 28, 2018 at 2:42:44 pm

Hey Everyone!

I'm at a bit of a loss, first of all; sculpting is one of my least favorite and worst skill in 3d modelling and yet I have to model a "simple" bird and crocodile, it's for a job I'm applying for. I told them that sculpting is not my specialty, yet they want to see me sculpt a bird and crocodile.

I like to think that I'm already pretty far with my bird, I have managed to make some what of a decent base, beak and tail.

My problem with sculpting mostly lies with me not knowing how to start and how to make it "organic" looking. I do have experienced knowledge about cinema 4d, so I know where to find what.

I was wondering If anyone can tell me how I should/could tackle the wings, I'll show a picture below this text of what it should look like in the end.
They told me that "What you see is what you get", so there is really no need for high quality pbr materials or actual high res wings or anything.
Ì couldn't find anything online, like a tutorial that could explain how to tackle modelling a bird wing, so I'm turning to the forums.
The body of the bird was quite easy to start off with as it is just a deformed capsule primitive, the beak is just a cone and the beak is a deformed pyramid dropped in a subdivision surface. But I have no way how to start with the wing, use splines, use primives, actual sculpting or just deforming the points?
Thanks for reading my post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]