MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Fixing the position of my rabbit’s hands

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Moore
Fixing the position of my rabbit’s hands
on Sep 20, 2018 at 11:08:19 am

I’m in the process of blocking out an animation of a rabbit juggling a football with his feet. I’ve got an IK chain on each arm, an IK spline on his spine and an IK chain on each leg. To make this really work I’d like to have the legs, spline, head, etc move in sympathy with the juggling, which I can do but I can’t get the hands to reliably stay rooted. Is there a way of fixing the position of the hands for the duration of a particular pose, unfix as I move the hands and refix in their new position?

The SS shows one pose, there’ll be another with his bum on the ground and another when more prone.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Stephen

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Fixing the position of my rabbit’s hands
on Sep 20, 2018 at 3:52:37 pm

Maybe try restriction tags on the hands or wrists? Keyframe the strength.

Return to posts index

Stephen Moore
Re: Fixing the position of my rabbit’s hands
on Sep 23, 2018 at 10:29:35 am

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the delay in responding. It's the first time I've rigged something this complicated and I've spent some of the last couple of days learning about how to manipulate my rig, which is actually better than I'd realised. What I've ending up doing, although it's not finished, is to fix the hands and feet by using the rig correctly, ie using the pelvis and chest controllers more effectively.

Cheers

Stephen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]