MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Spline Wrap a letter

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
João Oliveira
Spline Wrap a letter
on Sep 17, 2018 at 1:38:12 pm

Hey guys!

I need to do a spline wrap of the "Y" letter.

Whenever I export the "Y" spline from Illustrator I automatically get two splines. I connect them as the same object and I use a spline wrap around them. The problem is that the spline wrap is creating two kinds of wraps from the same spline and I can't fix it. The connected spline have two middle points and even if I weld the points together, the still is happening.

When I use a "J" form spline, nothing happens, as you see in the pictures.

Can you guys help me? Is there a way to fix it. Even with sweep nurbs would I keep the animation I want?

thank you so much, this is driving me crazy!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Spline Wrap a letter
on Sep 17, 2018 at 2:55:38 pm

since the Y is two segments in one spline or two splines and there's nothing you can do about that I think you're going to change methods for that letter. Are you trying to grow the letter from the bottom up?

Return to posts index

João Oliveira
on Sep 17, 2018 at 2:57:49 pm

I want the letter to be still and that rotates around itself that's why I'll need spline wrap for that.

There's no fix you say? :(

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 17, 2018 at 3:54:16 pm

ah, no growth just twist, I would think you'd have to treat it as separate objects but how is it constructed? Can you post the scene file please?

Return to posts index

João Oliveira
on Sep 17, 2018 at 4:13:47 pm

Here's the file Brian!

12721_y.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 17, 2018 at 5:15:52 pm

you don't need the twist you can use the rotation settings in the spline wrap. Since the Y is two splines or two segments (unless you wrap it back on itself to make it all one spline - not good I think) it doesn't matter if you use spline wrap or sweep a rectangle along it because one arm is longer the rotation will always be tighter along the shorter spline. If you treat it as two splines (or three) the each part can have it's own rotation settings to make it visually the same, there's always going to be the problem of not have a fully clean join on the one side. Just the nature of the Y (Q, E, R, T, A, F, H, K, and X would be a problem too). I would work with that if the project can stand it

12724_ywrap.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

João Oliveira
on Sep 17, 2018 at 9:24:55 pm

Thank you for your time Brian. I will try to think of another way to do it!

Would love that this could work tho!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]